Monday, June 24, 2013

About Today: Do I Even Need a Computer?

If you can't see this email, click here

About


From Bob Schulties, your About Today Editor
Last night, my friend Blake brought her brood over for supper. Instead of gathering around a TV, they all gathered around their iPads. The kids played games, made movies, took pictures - the whole works. I swear, there had to be seven iPads floating around my home (two more than there were children!). It made me wonder if folks even need what we think of as computers anymore.

Can an iPad Replace My Laptop or Desktop PC?
It seems hard to believe that a little machine could ever replace those big machines, but the fact that we're suggesting it might show how far technology has come. Think you could replace your computer with an iPad?
Search Related Topics:  ipad faq  ipad help  ipad 101

It's Complicated! I Just Want to Read!
Some folks don't want to do anything but read. And rather than tote around lots of books and magazines, they are turning to readers. Is Amazon's latest reader, the Kindle Paperwhite, up to the task?
Search Related Topics:  kindle  ereaders 

How to Buy a PC For Less
OK, you've decided you are most comfortable with what you know. And what you know is a regular ol' computer. Here are some tips on saving a little cash when buying one.
Search Related Topics:  computer shopping  discounts  rebates

Forget It All! Just Use a Phone
I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to chuck the whole lot of electronics and just use my iPhone for everything. If it can't be done on my phone, I just won't do it. But I'm weak and like to buy stuff, so I failed. If you get a new iPhone, here's what to do first.
Search Related Topics:  iphone  find my iphone  iphone apps

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Why You Need to Understand Modern Art
How to Care for Nonstick Cookware
Choosing an Outdoor Furnishing Style
Top Protein Shakes to Muscle Up
How To Remove Your Personal Information from Public Websites
Sage and Cumin Pork Tenderloin

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 
 
Follow us on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment