Tuesday, May 28, 2013

About Today: Why Grammer is Important

If you can't see this email, click here

About


From Bob Schulties, your About Today Editor
As you know, I'm a prfessional writer of this newsletter, and to, keep it professional I make sure my grammer is teh best it can be.

What is Grammar?
First of all, gramm... it ends with ar? Really? Ar, ar, ar, ar. OK, I got it now. Grammar. What is it?
Search Related Topics:  english language 

Why Does Grammar Matter?
One of the reason grammar matters is because proper grammar adds clarity. If my biographer wrote this: Bob enjoys cooking, his family, and his cat, you'd think I was a pretty normal guy. But if was written this way: Bob enjoys cooking his family and his cat, you'd think I was a bit troubled. And, face it, a far more interesting person. The value of grammar.
Search Related Topics:  english language 

Do You Know the Eight Parts of Speech?
Wait, wait, don't tell me. Sleepy, Grumpy, Anxiety-ridden, Tardy... what are the others? Why am I so dopey? What are the parts of speech again?
Search Related Topics:  grammatical terms 

A TV Guide to Grammar and Usage
There's nothing better than when the TV throws a little smarts at you. This way, when Mrs. Bob asks why I stayed up to 1am, I can say, "Studyin'!"
Search Related Topics:  english language 

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Do Wind Turbines Kill Birds?
Fried Rice With Scrambled Egg and Tomatoes
Google+ Updated: What's New?
5 Creative Ways to Cut Your Bills
Is Iraq a Democracy?
Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2012 About.com
 
 
Follow us on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment