Tuesday, June 18, 2013

About Today: Are Picnics a Good Idea?

If you can't see this email, click here

About


From Bob Schulties, your About Today Editor
Picnics always sound better in theory than they work out in practice. No bugs, no lumpy ground, no "I didn't mean to spill juice on my brother's head." Twice?

The Perfect Picnic
As a city boy with no outdoor space, I have to trek a country mile to find a decent patch of grass to picnic on. So whenever we do bring all our stuff to the park for a picnic, it's a pretty big deal. And it has to be perfect.

Video: How to Pack a Picnic Basket
My method of shoving it in any bag and yelling about "No whining if I don't have it!" leaves something to be desired.

It's Not a Picnic Unless There's Pie!
And if you can't find a pie in this list that you like, well...maybe you're not a pie person. Try these cookies.
Search Related Topics:  pie recipes  fruited desserts  baking tips

Skip the Dogs, Chips and Sodas
I'm guilty of pushing the hotdogs and all that when picnicking. In fact, I bring my stretchy pants because I never eat just one hot dog. If you'd like to avoid the elasto-pants, we have some better ideas to make your picnic tasty and healthy.

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
What Are the Worst Paid Jobs?
Ready for Adventure Trekking?
Should You Cool Down After Exercise?
When Can I Refinance My Car?
Emergency Back Pain and Sciatica Treatment
Best Workouts to Lose Fat

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 
 
Follow us on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment