Wednesday, June 19, 2013

About Today: Move or Die

If you can't see this email, click here

About


From Bob Schulties, your About Today Editor
Everyone keeps telling me to move around or I'll just keel over. But I've read the statistics, and most people get hurt falling in the bathroom. Which is why I'm writing this while lying in the tub. Take that, gravity!

OK, What's the Least I Gotta Do?
I don't know what the problem is. I mean, I do run to the door when the pizza man rings the bell. That doesn't count? What if I eat the pizza really, really fast?

Why Sitting Makes You Fat
Paige, our Guide to Exercise, explains why sitting is bad for you. I'd walk over to her and give her a piece of my mind, but this ham sandwich is soooo heavy. So I guess I'll just sit here.

Get More Out of Your 15-Minute Walk
Honestly, I get that lots of folks have a hard time making the time for exercising. We're all overworked, overbooked and overstressed. But if you have to walk anyway, here's how to get a little more out of it.
Search Related Topics:  walking for health  exercising at work 

Get The Kids Moving
According to the doctor I've talked to, getting your kids to exercise counts towards your own daily exercise. That doctor also makes a mean gin and tonic. Move it, kid.

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
10 Budget Busters That You Can Live Without
Subway Safety for Senior Travelers
How to Get Closer to Your Spouse
Would You Get a Ring Finger Tattoo?
The Greatest Ninja Battle Ever!
Video: All About Hurricanes

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 
 
Follow us on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment