Wednesday, June 12, 2013

About Today: Saving Money at Home

If you can't see this email, click here

About


From Bob Schulties, your About Today Editor
I don't enjoy the extra heat of summer, but I do enjoy the longer days that come with it. And the extra daylight gives me time to change my paycheck's direct deposit from my bank to the electric company.

Forget that AC!
Did you ever feel like your air conditioner could keep the house cool if the inside wasn't 6,000 degrees when it started? If there was only a way to blow out all the super hot air so the AC could have a chance. Wait... I'm on to something!
Search Related Topics:  fans  ceiling fans  exhaust fans

Grow Your Own Food
This. This is exactly what I claim I would do if I didn't live in a big city. But I do, so what else can I do except lay on this here couch all day? Grow Your Own Food.

How to Cut Dry Cleaning Costs
Being a blue jeans and cotton shirt kinda guy, I'm totally OK holding up the dry cleaning bill and pointing the finger at Mrs. Bob and her fancy job. Maybe I can charge her for the rhyme. Cut those dry cleaning costs!
Search Related Topics:  dry cleaning  fabric care 

Ten Most Fuel-Efficient Cars of 2013
If you are reading this newsletter, you most likely drove to the post office to get it. Here are some cars to help you use less gas. [From Bob: Is that joke too deadpan? ED note: How did you get this job?]
Search Related Topics:  fuel-efficient cars  top picks 

 


Related Searches
Featured Articles
Is Milk Good for an Ulcer?
A Closer Look at Dog Weddings
What Can You Do With a Sociology Degree?
How to Survive Quicksand
How Do Ticks Get on You, Anyway?
Giving and Receiving Compliments

 

More from About.com

Run Your First 5K
Even couch potatoes can be ready for a 5K with just a couple months of training. Read more...>



Help! I'm Too Busy
Time and stress management tips to help you feel as though you have more time. Read more...>




 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About.com Today newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About.com respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
1500 Broadway, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10036

© 2013 About.com
 
 
Follow us on:
Facebook Twitter

Advertisement

No comments:

Post a Comment